Thursday, September 17, 2009

DT 2.1 Lines - Check out my slideshow

I found the main challenge while shooting this assignment to be the quality of the light. Because of time constraints, I found myself shooting, for the most part, from around 3:00 pm until around 4:30 pm (or there-abouts). The light wasn't the best. I did get out and shoot in the evening as well, and I had fun playing with some longer exposures and the lines made by the tail lights of cars and the lines of streetlights.

Another challenge is getting used to shooting in JPEG. Up until now, I've only been shooting in RAW, and it pains me to post unedited, untouched photos. But this is what I'm here to learn, isn't it - how to nail the shot to begin with. Also, remembering to check the white balance with each shot; in RAW you can change that after the fact without altering the quality of the photo.

An interesting experience I noticed when reviewing the photos is that the very first one I took for the assignment - the one with the wooden fence casting shadows on the sidewalk - is I think the most interesting of the lot. It has a definite rhythm and texture to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment