Sunday, October 4, 2009

CI Composition at Home



I found this assignment somewhat challenging for two reasons.

Firstly, as was the point of the assignment, trying to find interesting subject matter in a very familiar environment. It took a while to get into the swing of it, but once I did, things moved fairly quickly. At first, I was wondering around the house looking at everything, which was not productive. What worked, though, was sitting in one place, and letting my mind and gaze wander around the room. Soon enough, I would notice something interesting - the play of light on an object, or the possibility of an interesting composition - and I work with that particular setting for a while, then move on to something else.

Secondly, we had people in and out of the house all weekend. There was a kids' party, which also became an adults' party, sleepovers, and people just dropping in - a busy house - which didn't lend itself to photographing this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment